My name is Marie-Eve Mayrand. I describe myself as a highly driven marketing professional and an energetic woman with a positive attitude! I’ve always been a dedicated marketer, from my very early years. When I was a little girl, my parents owned a small grocery store and I always wanted to be part of their merchandising, advertising and “candies”/products strategy. As a marketing professional with a diverse background in information technology, electronics, non-profit and retail environments, I understand that success depends on one’s knowledge of their company’s brand and business objectives and in keeping abreast of the ever changing technology and strategies utilized in marketing.
I am not going to lie: I’ve never been an excellent writer in William Shakespeare’s language: my first language is French. The main reason why I started my blog is not to be the next Twitter celebrity; I only want to share some marketing discoveries and thoughts. Because I am someone who likes “unordinary” ideas and activities, my mission is to make my blog stand-out from every other marketing blog out there.
Here’s is a little bit more about me:
- I come from a family of 8 children (7 girls/one boy) and I grew up in a very small village in the Province of Quebec. Because I was the last of 8 children, I had to step-up from my brother and sisters with original thoughts in order to be different.
- I graduated from Laval University with a Bachelor degree in Commerce (2001). After a trip in India, 2006, I decided to go back to the University, where I completed a Master degree (MBA) specialized in Marketing. I gained valuable international marketing and Mandarin speaking skills through my final MBA project, an essay on “The dual impact of a country’s image and reputation on the purchasing decisions of consumers from emerging markets: The case for high technology products.” In fewer and more simple words, my research is about the BlackBerry (RIM) in China.
- I’ve spent the last 10 years in Marketing-related jobs. I am in a constant need of improving my knowledge and skills while trying to find the perfect job and environment to thrive in. I am bilingual in French and English with intermediate knowledge of Mandarin and basic Spanish speaking skills.
- I am a Kitesurfer/Snowkiter and I hope to get closer to the industry.
- Every day is a new adventure that I live fully. I also believe that everyone’s happiness comes from the path each person has chosen, combined with his/her mood of the day.
In my blog, you are going to learn about Marketing through my different passions: Marketing, Kitesurfing, Traveling, Asian’s countries, Sports & Fitness, Health, High-tech, Wine, and being authentic! You will find videos, articles and presentations to help you think outside of the box and innovate in your daily life and your business. I’ll ask other specialists to blog with me about interesting subjects and please, add your comments and share this blog with your friends.
I look forward to discussing with my readers about how I can make a positive contribution to your marketing knowledge/strategies.
* Thanks to Julie Vincent for the picture taken during a CDEA event